Whenever you have the internal drive of your PlayStation 4 upgraded, the next step to take is backing up the data in your current PS4 HDD to a secondary or perhaps external storage unit. It is important that you choose from on the excellent hard drives for the PlayStation 4 back up process. If you are not in any way I attached to your videos, music’s, and game saves, you can skip this step, but it is important you are aware of the fact that most PlayStation 4 users tend to save the information that took them a long time to save and at the same time download, and it is somewhat a tragedy when you lose them at once. Fortunately, the PlayStation 4 has a backup utility software that can assist you in copying the contents in your internal hard drive to a secondary or external hard drive, sure has a memory stick or a USB thumb drive or perhaps a regular external hard drive.
Choosing a compatible hard drive with PS4
It is important you ensure that the hard drive you make use of during the replacement process is very much compatible with the PlayStation 4 console. There are hundreds of hard drive that seem to do an excellent job, but in reality, they don’t have the ability to do anything, in some cases they will not fit into the drive bay of your PlayStation 4. To make it all easy, you can check our list of the compatible PS4 HDD. It is will be of assistance when you are picking the best hard drive for your PlayStation 4 console.
Largest PS4 hard drive capacity
Regardless of the fact that the largest capacity it any 2.5-inch form factor that fits into a drive bay is just 2TB, you still have the option if upgrading the hard drive capacity to about 4TB without having any errors and you can do more to about 6TB, but you will experience some errors that are quite annoying. It is important you are aware of the fact that you require additional equipment, and it utilizes 3.5-inch desktop hard drive in connection to the internal SATA Port of PlayStation 4 externally.
You can consult that article to get more details on this method, however, or recommendation settles with the first one. It is best you choose a 1TB or 2TB internal hard drive for your PlayStation 4 and make use of an external hard drive for the expansion of your PlayStation 4 storage capacity.
PS4 Hard Drive Replacement Steps
Below you will find a list of steps that you are expected to follow if you want to replace your PlayStation 4 internal hard drive with a new one.
- Remove the little door that you find on the left side of the PS4 machine box.
- Remove the blue screw you find there and grab the handle. Slide the cradle of the hard disk drive toward the front of the PS4 until it stops.
- Slide the cartridge of the hard disk drive right out of the machine.
- Remove the screws you find holding the hard disk drive onto the cartridge.
- Slide the drive out of the cradle and place the new one into the cradle. Replace the screws you removed earlier to secure the new drive in place.
- Slide the hard disk drive cradle back into the PS4 console.
- Now push the hard disk drive toward the back of the system until you are sure it is firmly seated. Replace the trap door and the blue screw.